An Introduction to Inteligence.net’s Terms of Service
Welcome to Inteligence.net! Here is a quick summary of the highlights of our Terms of Service:
- Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge: The Inteligence.net platform offers a place to ask & answer and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality questions & answers. This empowers people all around the Globe to learn from each other and to better understand the surroundings.
- You own the content that you post: you also grant us and other users of the Inteligence.net platform certain rights and license to use it.
- You are responsible for the content that you post: This includes ensuring that you have the rights needed for you to post that content and that your content does not violate the legal rights of another party (for example, defamation) or any applicable laws.
- You can repost content from Inteligence.net elsewhere, provided that that you attribute the content back to the Inteligence.net platform and respect the rights of the original poster, including any “not for reproduction” designation.
- We do not endorse or verify content posted by users: Our content and materials are provided to you “as is,” without any guarantees. You are solely responsible for your own use of the Inteligence.net platform. Posts from lawyers, doctors, and other professionals should not be treated as a substitute for professional advice for your specific situation.
- We offer tools for you to give feedback and report complaints: If you think someone has violated your intellectual property rights, other laws, or Inteligence.net’s policies, you can initiate a report at the Contact us portal or by using our in-product Report button.
We are pleased that you want to join the Inteligence.net platform and encourage you to read the full Terms of Service.
Inteligence.net Terms of Service
Effective date: August 19, 2018
Welcome to Inteligence.net! Inteligence.net is a platform to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
These terms of service (“Terms of Service”) sets forth the agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Inteligence.net (“Inteligence.net” “we” or “us”). It governs your use of the products and services we offer through our web and applications (collectively the “Inteligence Platform”).
Please make sure to read it, because, by using the Inteligence.net Platform, you consent to these terms.
- The Mission of the Inteligence.net Platform
Inteligence.net’s mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge: The Inteligence.net Platform is a place to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers. This empowers people to learn from each other and to better understand the world.
- Using the Inteligence.net Platform
- Who Can Use It: Use of the Inteligence.net Platform by anyone under 13 years of age is prohibited. You represent that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you live or, if you are not, your parent or legal guardian must consent to this Terms of Service and affirm that they accept this Agreement on your behalf and bear responsibility for your use.
- Acceptable Use Policy: In your interaction with others on the Inteligence.net Platform, you agree to follow the Acceptable Use Policy at all times.
- You may close your account at any time by going to account settings and disabling your account. We may terminate or suspend your Inteligence.net account if you violate any Inteligence.net policy or for any other reason.
- Changes to the Inteligence.net Platform: We are always trying to improve your experience on the Inteligence.net Platform. We may need to add or change features and may do so without notice to you.
- We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the Inteligence.net Platform. Feel free to submit feedback at Contact us portal. By submitting feedback, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the feedback, in whole or part, freely and without compensation to you.
- Your Content
- Definition of Your Content: The Inteligence.net Platform enables you to add posts, texts, photos, videos, links, and files to share with others. All material that you upload, publish or display to others via the Inteligence.net Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content.” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the Inteligence.net Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public.
- Ownership. You, or your licensors, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in Your Content,subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us below.
- License and Permission to Use Your Content.
- By submitting, posting, or displaying Your Content on the Inteligence.net Platform, you grant Inteligence.net and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, store, display and distribute, and otherwise use Your Content in connection with the operation or use of the Inteligence.net Platform or the promotion, advertising or marketing thereof, in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). You agree that this license includes the right for Inteligence.net to make Your Content available to other companies, organizations, business partners, or individuals who collaborate with Inteligence.net for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of Your Content through other media or distribution methods. This license also includes the right for other users of the Inteligence.net Platform to use and modify Your Content, subject to our Terms of Service.
- Once you post an answer to a question, you may edit or delete your answer at any time from public display on Inteligence.net, except in the case of anonymously posted answers. However, we may not be able to control removal of the answer from display on syndicated channels or other previously distributed methods outside of www.Inteligence.net. Inteligence.net may remove suspected spam from your answers. Once you post a question, it may be edited or deleted by other users or by Inteligence.net at any time. Any edits and changes made by you may be visible to other users. The right for Inteligence.net to copy, display, transmit, publish, perform, distribute, store, modify, and otherwise use any question you post, and sublicense those rights to others, is perpetual and irrevocable, to the maximum extent permitted by law, except as otherwise specified in this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that Inteligence.net may preserve Your Content and may also disclose Your Content and related information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any of Your Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Inteligence.net, its users, or the public.
- You understand that we may modify, adapt, or create derivative works from Your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks, devices, service providers, and in various media. We also may remove or refuse to publish Your Content, in whole or part, at any time.
- You further give us the permission and authority to act as your nonexclusive agent to take enforcement action against any unauthorized use by third-parties of any of Your Content outside of the Inteligence.net Platform or in violation of our Terms of Service.
- Your Responsibilities for Your Content: By posting Your Content on the Inteligence.net Platform, you represent and warrant to us that: i) you have the ownership rights, or you have obtained all needed licenses or permissions from any necessary parties, to use Your Content and grant us the rights to use Your Content as provided for under this Agreement, and ii) that posting Your Content violates no intellectual property or personal right of others or any applicable law or regulation. You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others or violation of laws and regulations in connection with Your Content.You are responsible for ensuring that Your Content does not violate Inteligence.net’s Acceptable Use Policy, Copyright Policy, Trademark Policy, other published Inteligence.net policy, or any applicable law or regulation. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person by reason of Your Content.
- Our Content and Materials
- Definition of Our Content and Materials: All intellectual property in or related to the Inteligence.net Platform (specifically including, but not limited to our software, the Inteligence.net marks, the Inteligence.net logo, but excluding Your Content) is the property of Inteligence.net, or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or content posted by other Inteligence.net users licensed to us (collectively “Our Content and Materials”).
- Data: All data Inteligence.net collects (“Data”) about use of the Inteligence.net Platform by you or others is the property of Inteligence.net, its subsidiaries, and affiliates. For clarity, Data does not include Your Content and is separate from Our Content and Materials.
- Our License to You:
- We grant you a limited, non-exclusive license to use and access Our Content and Materials and Data as made available to you on the Inteligence.net Platform in connection with your use of the Inteligence.net Platform, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Inteligence.net gives you a worldwide, royalty-free, revocable, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to re-post Our Content and Materials anywhere on the web provided that: (a) the content in question was added to the Inteligence.net Platform after April 22, 2010; (b) the user who created the content has not explicitly marked the content as not for reproduction on the Inteligence.net Platform; (c) you do not modify the content; (d) you attribute Inteligence.net by name in readable text and with a human and machine-followable link (an HTML <a> anchor tag) linking back to the page displaying the original source of the content on www.Inteligence.neton every page that contains Our Content and Materials; (e) upon request, either by Inteligence.net or a user, you remove the user’s name from content which the user has subsequently made anonymous; (f) upon request, either by Inteligence.net or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable effort to update a particular piece of content to the latest version on the Inteligence.net Platform; and (g) upon request, either by Inteligence.net or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable attempt to delete content that has been deleted or marked as not for reproduction on the Inteligence.net Platform; (h) you don’t republish more than a small portion of Our Content and Materials. In exercising these rights, you may not implicitly or explicitly assert any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by Inteligence.net, or any Inteligence.net user, without separate, express prior written permission from us.
- We may terminate our license to you at any time for any reason. We have the right but not the obligation to refuse to distribute any content on the Inteligence.net Platform or to remove content. Except for the rights and license granted in these terms, we reserve all other rights and grant no other rights or licenses, implied or otherwise.
- Permitted uses: If you operate a search engine, web crawler, bot, scraping tool, data mining tool, bulk downloading tool, wget utility, or similar data gathering or extraction tool, you may access the Inteligence.net Platform, subject to the following additional rules: i) you must use a descriptive user agent header; ii) you must follow robots.txt at all times; iii) your access must not adversely affect any aspect of the Inteligence.net Platform’s functioning; and iv) you must make it clear how to contact you, either in your user agent string, or on your website if you have one.
- No Endorsement or Verification: Please note that the Inteligence.net Platform contains access to third-party content, products and services, and it offers interactions with third parties. Participation or availability on the Inteligence.net Platform does not amount to endorsement or verification by us. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any content posted on the Inteligence.net Platform by anyone.
- Ownership: You acknowledge and agree that Our Content and Materials remain the property of Inteligence.net’s users or Inteligence.net. The content, information and services made available on the Inteligence.net Platform are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable.
- Integrated Service Provider
- More About Certain Offerings on the Inteligence.net Platform
- Advertisements: The Inteligence.net Platform may include advertisements, which may be targeted to content or information on the Inteligence.net Platform, queries made through the Inteligence.net Platform, or other information, in an effort to make them relevant to you. The types and extent of advertising by Inteligence.net are subject to change. In consideration for Inteligence.net granting you access to and use of the Inteligence.net Platform, you agree that Inteligence.net and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Inteligence.net Platform. If you wish to become an advertiser, you will be required to enter into separate and supplemental terms with us about providing advertising services on the Inteligence.net Platform.
- Legal, Medical & Other Professional Contributors: Some users who post content are members of legal, medical, and other licensed professions (collectively, “Professional Contributors”). Content posted by Professional Contributors should be not be relied on as a substitute for advice from a professional that is appropriate for your specific situation. Inteligence.net has provided certain disclaimer template language that Professional Contributors may edit and incorporate in their answers. Ethics rules differ by state or location, and it is the responsibility of Professional Contributors to determine and provide disclaimers appropriate for their profession and the content provided.
- Buttons, Links and Widgets: You have permission to use Inteligence.net’s buttons, links, and widgets, subject to these Terms of Service (including the disclaimers and limitations of liability) and provided that: (a) your use of such buttons, links and widgets link only to the Inteligence.net Platform; (b) you will not modify such buttons, links, or widgets or associated code in any manner; (c) you will not use any such buttons, links, or widgets in any manner which implies or suggests that Inteligence.net endorses, sponsors, or recommends the website on which such buttons, links and widgets are used; and (d) the use of such buttons, links and widgets, and the website on which such buttons, links and widgets are used do not violate Inteligence.net’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- Web resources and third-party services: The Inteligence.net Platform may also offer you the opportunity to visit links to other websites or to engage with third-party products or services. You assume all risk arising out of your use of such websites or resources.
- Services that Require Separate Agreement: Certain features or services may require that you enter into a separate and supplemental written agreement prior to use.
- Reporting Violations of Your Intellectual Property Rights, Inteligence.net Policies, or Applicable Laws
We have a special process for reporting violations of your intellectual property rights or other violations of Inteligence.net policies or applicable laws.
- Copyright Policy and Trademark Policy: We have adopted and implemented a Copyright Policy and Trademark Policy. For more information, including detailed information about how to submit a request for takedown if you believe content on the Inteligence.net Platform infringes your intellectual property rights, please read our Copyright Policy and Trademark Policy.
- Reports of Other Violations: If you believe content on the Inteligence.net Platform violates Inteligence.net’s Acceptable Use Policy or otherwise violates applicable law (apart from copyright or trademark violations) or other Inteligence.net policies, you may submit the following Contact us portal. We have no obligation to delete content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We endeavor to respond promptly to requests for content removal, consistent with our policies and applicable law.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF INTELIGENCE.NET ENTITIES TO YOU.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on Inteligence.net. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon Inteligence.net. No link(s) may appear on any page Inteligence.net or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to Inteligence.net and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
You agree to release, indemnify, and defend Inteligence.net Entities from all third-party claims and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to: i) your use of the Inteligence.net Platform, ii) Your Content, iii) your conduct or interactions with other users of the Inteligence.net Platform, or iv) your breach of any part of this Agreement. We will promptly notify you of any such claim and will provide you (at your expense) with reasonable assistance in defending the claim. You will allow us to participate in the defense and will not settle any such claim without our prior written consent. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. In that event, you will have no further obligation to defend us in that matter.
- General Terms
- Applications and Mobile Devices: If you access the Inteligence.net Platform through a Inteligence.net application, you acknowledge that this Agreement is between you and Inteligence.net only, and not with another application service provider or application platform provider (such as Apple Inc. or Google Inc.), which may provide you the application subject to its own terms. To the extent you access the Inteligence.net Platform through a mobile device, your wireless carrier’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply.
- You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement) without our prior written consent; any attempted assignment or transfer without complying with the foregoing will be void. We may freely assign or transfer this Agreement. This Agreement inures to the benefit of and is binding upon the parties and their respective legal representatives, successors, and assigns.
- Electronic Communications: You consent to receive communications from us by email in accordance with this Agreement and applicable law.
- Entire Agreement/ Severability: This Agreement supersedes all prior terms, agreements, discussions and writings regarding the Inteligence.net Platform and constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the Inteligence.net Platform (except as to services that require separate written agreement with us, in addition to this Agreement). If any provision in this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, then that provision will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Agreement, which will remain in full force and effect.
- Interpretation: In construing or interpreting the terms of this Agreement: (i) the headings in this Agreement are for convenience only, and are not to be considered, and (ii) no presumption is to operate in either party’s favor as a result of its counsel’s role in drafting this Agreement.
- All notices permitted or required under this Agreement, unless specified otherwise in this Agreement, must be sent in writing as follows in order to be valid: (i) if to you, by us via email to the address associated with your account, and (ii) if to us, by you via Contact us portal. Notices will be deemed given (a) if to you, when emailed, and (b) if to us, on receipt by us.
- Relationship: This Agreement does not create a joint venture, agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between you and us. Except as expressly provided herein, neither party has the right, power, or authority to create any obligation or duty, express or implied, on behalf of the other.
- Waiver: No wavier of any terms will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Our failure to assert a right or provision under this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Further Assurances: You agree to execute a hard copy of this Agreement and any other documents, and to take any actions at our expense that we may request to confirm and effect the intent of this Agreement and any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
Contact: Feel free to contact us through Contact us portal with any questions about these terms.